Theodore Gailan, Attorney at Law
Practicing Law in DuPage and Cook County
- The Law Offices of Theodore Gailan, Addison, Illinois: September 1996, to present.
Managing Partner: Concentration in Criminal, DUI Defense, Divorce and Personal Injury.
- Biestek and Associates, Arlington Heights, Illinois: January 1995, to July 1996
Associate: Domestic Relations Litigation
- DuPage County Public Defender's Office, DuPage County, Illinois: July 1988, to December 1995
Senior Assistant to Public Defender: Felony Division, March 1991, to December 1995; DUI/Misdemeanor Division, August 1989, to February 1991; Juvenile Division, July 1988, to July 1989
- Cook County State's Attorney's Office, Chicago, Illinois: April 1984, to April 1988
Assistant State's Attorney: Criminal Appeals Division (three appellate court arguments), April to August 1984; DUI/Traffic Division, September 1984, to September 1985; Juvenile Court Division, Delinquency Section, November 1985, to December 1986; Child Abuse and Neglect Section, January 1987, to April 1988
- Murges, Bowman and Corday, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois: January, 1981 to May 1984
Associate: Concentration in Worker's Compensation.
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Administrator of National Banks, U.S. Treasury Department, Seventh National Bank Region: February 1978, to August 1980
Associate National Trust Examiner: Examiner in charge of OCC national bank trust department examinations: supervised examinations, presented findings to bank boards of directors, wrote examination reports.
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., Chicago, Illinois
Moot Court Honors Program, June 1983
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
M.B.A., June, 1977
- Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois
B.A., June, 1974
Majors: Economics and Politics
Scholastic Awards: Economics Department Teaching Assistantship; Illinois State College Scholarship
Activities: Varsity Baseball and Basketball (six varsity letters)
- Saint Ignatius College Prep, Chicago, Illinois
- NHTSA D.U. I. Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- State Appellate Defender Trial Advocacy Program
- National Criminal Defense College
- Advanced Cross Examination Techniques
- National Criminal Defense College, Advanced Cross Examination
CALL TODAY...NO CASE TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL!